July 4th weekend...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 |
A great Summer weekend can be equal to a week's vacation, in my humble opinion. This past weekend was filled with family, friends, fireworks, and great food.

We started the weekend at the pool....(my crazy brothers)

Then we moved on to fireworks at a picnic with family and friends. There will, however, be no pictures of that since I was not quite up to par with the fireworks mode on my camera. Every picture I took had a crazy bright flash and everyone was squinting in all of the pictures...even the fireworks paled in contrast to my ridiculously bright flash!! Ugh!!


Next, we moved onto "Lobsterfest" at my parents' house. My mom happens to celebrate a July 4th birthday so she chose lobster as her dinner. Yum! Yum!

And we finished the weekend with a family diving contest. Sigh! I kept my dignity yet another year and simply organized the whole event. (or at least that's how I'm putting it for the sake of this blog post!!! :)
All in all it was a great Independence Day weekend. Lots of memories were made. We are so blessed to be a part of this great country...

And what can celebrate that more than a weekend spent with loved ones and a good case of "goggle face":






0 comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home