Somewhere Out There....

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 |
For some reason today I'm in a mood of reminiscing. I've been looking at the kids' baby pictures and just thinking about my life for the last 15 years or so. It could be that I'm turning yet another year older in the near future, but today just seems like a good day to remember.
I keep coming back to one period of my life in particular. I was a senior in high school. It seemed like every girl in my class had a steady boyfriend but me. I used to feel so left out when they'd all get together and talk about being so in "love". I'd come home and cry to my mom about how left out I was feeling. Now I remember that she always said the same thing. It went something like this:

"Steph, please don't get yourself so upset. You have so many years ahead to find the perfect mate that God has for you. I know that somewhere out there in this great big world some wonderful young man's parents are saying the same thing to him and when you meet and fall in love you'll know that this was God's gift to you."

Well, I'm here today to say....She was right!!! Not long after all those tears, in my freshman year away at college I met my wonderful husband. He was perfect for me. He was raised to be such a gentlemen. He loved God too, and he was ridiculously handsome. I do what I can now to encourage my children to seek God's face in every decision. I'm already praying that they'll grow up and find the mate God has just for them. I suppose someday I'll be repeating my mother's words to my daughter, and it will be just then that I glance over at my husband and know that every word is coming straight from my heart.


0 comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home