Big Weekend Plans

Friday, September 3, 2010 |
Wow! Can't believe it's Labor Day weekend already. This summer has flown by.

We started back to school this past Monday. The kids have been very excited to see and hear about what we'll be learning this year. I remember those days when cracking a new school book was as exciting as Christmas morning.

Tonight was a "hang out around the house" night with a brief trip to the much needed car wash and to get some ice cream.  Sometimes those are my favorite kind of Friday nights. Something good to snack on and a fun family movie.

Tomorrow, however, will be much faster paced. I'll be getting up early to squeeze in a workout and then heading to the store to pick up a birthday cake. After that we'll be packing up the kids and heading down to the farm to celebrate my grandfather's 80th birthday. We're so excited to be able to spend the day with him and my grandmother. The rest of the family will all be there too. I'm sure it will be a day filled with frosted faces, grass stains and dirt, but all while having tons of fun. Can't tell you how much I love and appreciate that my grandparents are still around. My grandmother has played a very influential part in my life. I'm also glad that my children have been able to meet and will remember knowing their great-grandparents. When I was born all of my grandparents and great-grandparents were living. I even had one set of great-great grandparents. Crazy!

Church on Sunday and then hopefully hanging out around the pool on Monday. It's actually getting a little chilly for that but the kids don't seem to mind so we'll swim until the last minute before the cover goes on my mom's pool.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend too. We all know that from here on out the year tends to be a blur and we'll be right back here before we know it!

0 comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home