Strawberry Picking

Thursday, May 20, 2010 |


Today we opted to put off our schoolwork until this afternoon and went strawberry picking. I've wanted to take the kids for a few days and today turned out to be the perfect opportunity. It was a beautiful, sunny day here.
We picked three buckets full of gorgeous strawberries with only a few "iffy" ones. We also got to have a great conversation about how even the mushy strawberries have a purpose too.

These are the kind of days that I want to etch in my memory. The ones where we explore life together side by side.

We made it back home with 8 lbs. of strawberries to use and freeze. After some lunch we hit the books and turned this school day into an adventure.

2 comments:

Karin Katherine said...

I miss strawberry picking with my kids. I should try to find a local place here. We had a great one in Pennsylvania where I used to live.

Melanie said...

YUM! This post made me SO hungry for strawberries! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings!
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

Newer Posts Older Posts Home