Teamwork...

Thursday, January 26, 2012 |
Today I'm appreciating the way my children interact when they are working together to accomplish a common goal.

Today it was "catch the cat".

I had to laugh at the way they drew up a plan and then discussed it thoroughly. They each had position titles and watchposts. They started off with the sly, let's trick her tactics:
And when she caught on to that, they decided to bring out the big guns. Yes, literally the big guns. (That's where I had to go from quiet observer to full fledged: NO WAY, YOU CAN'T SHOOT THE CAT!)
I had to admire their determination to somehow trap the cat and take notes on Cleo's behavior. And I don't think it was my imagination that Cleo seemed to be playing along. She happens to be one smart kitty. She found a safe hiding place amidst the mountain of dirty laundry.
In the middle of all the chaos. I silently thanked God for the children He gave to me, and how lucky I am that I get to see so much of their daily interaction with each other. Don't get me wrong. It seems that we're breaking them up more than not, but when they do play together I get a glimpse of the strong bonds that they will have for the rest of their lives.

0 comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home